Hi! Welcome to my cosy little corner of the internet and the Annie's Table blog. :D Most often you'll find me working on embroidery, needlework and quilting. But i'll try my hand at anything; knitting, paper craft and card making, even baking. Because whats an afternoon tea break without a good slice of vanilla sponge cake eh. I like posting patterns and tutorials, and sharing my explorations into new crafts and techniques. I love hearing from my visitors, so any questions or feedback pls don't be shy!

Thursday 28 February 2013

Cot Quilt Project

Sadly I haven't been able to do a lot of quilting in the last few months. Mainly due to lack of space, I am currently limited to a small table in my living room which barely fits my sewing machine. :( Hopefully we shall be moving soon and joy of joys I may even have my own craft room.
So for now I am limiting myself to smaller projects. I say small, this one seems to have grown beyond what I had imagined




I have finished putting together the quilt top for a baby cot quilt for a friend and her new little one :)

Made from left over material from various projects. I decided on a simple overlapping brick pattern  as my rotary cutters and boards are packed away somewhere and I really don't trust myself to cut the blocks exactly to size by hand. This way I don't have to worry about matching the seams up.







I am currently working on embroidering some of the panels. This is easier to do after the quilt top is put together as i can fit it onto one of my larger rings.



Once this is done hopefully I can find space to lay it out and start quilting. I shall be quilting this by hand as it's only a small piece. Shall share the final piece with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment